Did you just get a positive pregnancy test? Congratulations! Now that you have a positive pregnancy test, things just got real. First things first, take a breath, relax and save your pregnancy test!
Things you can do right away after a positive test.
1. Stop smoking, drinking and limit caffeine cut out the junk
2. Call your OBGYN & make an appointment make sure you have the date of your last menstrual period
3. While you are on the phone with them ask which prenatal vitamin you can start with. If it’s not over the counter have them call you in a script.
4. Call you Prescription Plan Company and make sure since the vitamins are going to be ongoing if its covered and how much they will cover etc.
5. Hydrate. If you start getting morning sickness and start vomiting you will want to stay hydrated even if you can’t keep any food down.
6. Decide with your partner if you will be finding out the gender. They do this pretty early on now. My first pregnancy we couldn’t find out until 18-20 weeks. Now they can tell you sooner.
7. Get a baby book. I recommend for our first pregnancy something like :
8. Make financial plans for your 3rd and 4th trimester. Yes, the 4th trimester those first few weeks of your baby’s life is an extension of pregnancy especially if you are breastfeeding so plan accordingly. File necessary papers with work.
9. Get a good diet going. Again the first trimester might be tough with morning sickness and exhaustion but read up on what you should be eating so when you do feel better, you are on the right track. Try something like this:
10. Get a pregnancy diary. This is a nice place to store your notes and ultrasound pictures while going through the most wonderful experience of your life. I've used this one.